Chris' Bloggin' Topics

13 July, 2009

BBQ Review - The Pits Again, Phoenix, AZ

So rolling through my memory banks, I come across another place but this time; local to me. We stopped by The Pits Again around 57th and Bell in Phoenix. I looked like a former 5 and Diner but I don't care what a place looks like because it is all about the food.

I think the place fell under my "disappointing" category to say the least. This was about the time where I was venturing to all of the local BBQ joints to see what I'd be up against if I started a restaurant. I don't think I'd be worried about this one at all. Maybe I caught them on a bad day but I do recall some dry food. I have distinct quality control memory of the pulled pork being so dry that you could visibly see the drying 'crystalization' of the meat. Not too good in my book. Funnier because there are all these photos of winning "whole hog" and other competitions.

One thing I do remember from the sampler platter was either the St. Louis Ribs or short ribs. Whatever they were...they were really good. I remember the beans being nothing special as well as other less than kicked up side orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment