Chris' Bloggin' Topics

17 July, 2009

Recipe for a Steak Marinade

One recipe I've had in my arsenal for quite a while is my steak marinade. It always works and is always good on just about any cut of beef. And it is really simple.

It pretty much consists of
Soy Sauce
Wooosterchestershire Sauce
Peppercorns (of your choice...doesn't have to be just black)
Crushed Garlic
Beer
Pineapple Juice

The kicker is of course...how much of each. Well, that is all going to depend on how many steaks your doing. For anyone who knows me...I'm an eyeball it kinda guy.

So for about 4 steaks, I'd say about 3/4 cup of Soy Sauce, 2 mini-cans of pineapple juice, a handful of crushed garlic cloves (don't waste time fine chopping or mincing...just toss 'em in a ziplock baggie and take a brick or the back of a pot to 'em), 3/4 of a can of beer (I'd say any lager or ale you like...probably just not a stout) and a tablespoon of peppercorns.

The beauty of this stuff is that after a couple of hours you can still put a rub of your choice on the steaks if you go that route. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment